A) 3 New vocabulary words and their definitions.
1. biomechanics- the science of motion , or action of forces on the body.
2. relegated- to consign to an inferior position, to turn over.
3. ubiquitous- present everywhere at the same time.
B) Author's purpose - to inform the reader.
C) According to the Author's: Barbara Kantrowitz and Pat Wingert- Flip flops might be what our
society is wearing, but at what cost? Studies were done at Auburn's University laboratory on pain that is common from wearing flip flops against the tennis shoe. While walking, flip flops allowed more pressure being applied to the feet causing pain throughout the legs.
The study led me to the conclusion that flip flops should be left to the sandy beaches.
D) I agree with the Author's view: I personally cannot wear flip flops for that very reason: More stress on my feet, legs, and ankles makes me an unhappy camper.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Julie,
Yes ours is very similar. And yours did show. I love your blog, and see you were having problems with it to begin with and yours is ALMOST better then mine. haha I'm just kiddin ya.
I disagree. I love wearing flip flops, and I can't stand to wear tennis shoes. I don't find myself having any problems when wearing them, and they are just so simple! I love it.
Yes Julie i feel the same way. I feel that this is very uncommon coming from a lady. However I give props to those who do wear them, and that can deal with the pain.
Post a Comment